Monday, November 24, 2008

D is for Daddy (my hero)

My dad is one of those people who acts quickly in an emergency. I can think of numerous occasions where, without thought, he just rushed in to save someone's life. I've seen him jump out the window of a bus to give someone the Heimlich maneuver. I've seen him open the door of a moving car and dive in to save five children from rolling into rush hour traffic when one of them released the emergency brake. He's saved people from drowning. He's given more blood in his life than most of us have in our bodies at any given moment, and he's held a man as he lay dying.

And the very best part about my dad? He thinks it's no big deal.

But I do.

4 comments:

jana said...

janee!! i LOVE this. it's so sweet. and your dad sounds wonderful. i hope he sees this!! i love the style and palette youre using- its kind of retro, but very You.
yay for janee and janees dad!

janee said...

Thanks Jana! Hey, retro is the new modern. :-P

Alicia PadrĂ³n said...

Oh my gosh Janee, your dad IS a hero!!! That is some amazing stuff he has done. I love what you have done too. This is a beautiful and adorable tribute. Wonderful work!!!!

janee said...

Awww thanks, Alicia. He really is something special. :-)